Everyone at KR Saws would like to congratulate the people who have worked tirelessly over the past 2 years in orchestrating the victory, fighting off competition from Sunderland, Swansea, Stoke-on-Trent and Paisley
It is estimated this monumental win for the City could see an extra £100 million boost for the local economy.
Since winning the City of Culture 4 years ago, Hull has seen an extra £60 million boosted in to the local economy and investments of around £1 billion, so lets hope Coventry can emulate that.
Heres’s some interesting facts about Coventry you may not know;
– Legend has it that St. George, patron saint of England was born in the city.
– Britains car industry was founded in a disused cotton mill by Daimler in 1896.
– It is the birthplace of Sir frank Whittle, the inventor of the jet engine.
– The motor museum In Coventry has the largest collection of British made cars, motor cycles and bicycles in the world.
– The Godiva festival is the largest free entry music festival in Europe.